Thursday, November 21, 2013

The sad truth is that the truth is sad.

Well hello there! Let's talk about authors. There's this one guy named Lemony Snicket, well actually Daniel Handler, who is amazing!!! Perhaps you've heard of him. I remember reading A Series of Unfortunate Events with my mom when I was a kid and loving it. Going back and reading quotes from the books I'm glad that was part of my childhood. I love Lemony Snicket's writing style and all of his wonderful analogies. Some of my favourites are: 
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.” 
“It is always sad when someone leaves home, unless they are simply going around the corner and will return in a few minutes with ice-cream sandwiches". 
I also love “If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf.”

Ahhhh there are so many more good ones. Another thing that I love are the dedications at the beginnings of A Series of Unfortunate Events books. I'm just going to put a picture with all of them because I can't pick just one favourite. 



They're so sad, but darkly funny. Here's my picture for Lemony Snicket. It's a quote about a cat....


I hope you don't have a series of unfortunate events, but instead, a lovely day. 
Hanna

P.S. Another thing that I forgot to mention that I love about Lemony Snicket is that in one of the A Series of Unfortunate Events book he filled a whole page with black and another one he jut repeated the same page over so readers would understand deja-vu. Genius. 

No comments:

Post a Comment