Sunday, January 26, 2014

Faces.

Holla.

I'm not sure what I should categorize this "obsession" as because it is not a movie or a book or something like that. Today (and for a few years now) my obsession is drawing fake, illustrated portraits. I really enjoy finding new ways to make "a person". A lot of illustrators have a very specific style when drawing a person and I love to look at how each person treats the facial features. My sketchbook and walls are littered with different attempts at creating a face. I suppose it is a little creepy to have all of these fake portraits hanging from my walls, but I don't really mind. I like to think they are relatives or friends. It's kind of like when people would carry around little portraits or cameos to remember their loved ones by. I find that so much more appealing then carrying around a photograph. Anyways, I love drawing and painting faces.

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I added the captions because it was late at night.

Hanna

No comments:

Post a Comment